Guest Room Redo
My aunt has been talking about fixing up her guest room for a while. Great! Perfect opportunity for me to add another project to my list!
The room was a blank slate. All she had in the room was a mattress and boxspring, and a chair from her old dining set. We didn't want to make any major changes, and the room is small, so we decided to furnish the room with size appropriate and functional pieces that were budget friendly.
I started hunting for furniture pieces on Kijiji. (Fun fact, this is one of my FAVOURITE things to do :) )
I found a solid wood headboard and initially thought I would sand it down and stain it, or give it a new coat of paint. When I picked it up from the seller it was beautiful, so why change what's already perfect! I found a few other items on Kijiji, a metal queen size bed frame, drapery, and the dresser featured in my last post.
Since the headboard was a red mahogany colour, I opted for a navy blue, tan, brown, grey and white colour scheme. I went to Ikea because they have great budget friendly options. I chose the SÖTBLOMSTER duvet set (it had all the colours I wanted and it's unisex). #FrugalTip: Every time I go to Ikea I always check out the "As Is" section. I always walk away with something good! I picked up this ÅRSTID lamp and two inner cushions for pretty cheap from that section. I also got a new duvet, and a window shade. I picked up a grey sheet set from Winners, sheer drapery panel from Home Outfitters (on sale..of course), and a drapery rod from Dollarama.
My aunt loved the way it turned out!
- Side Table - Free (see previous post)
- Rast Dress (purchased from Kijiji) - $30.00
- Headboard (purchased from Kijiji) - $35.00
- Bed Frame (purchased from Kijiji) - $30.00
- SÖTBLOMSTER duvet set - $45.19
- Sheet Set - $22.59
- Cushion Covers - Already owned. Reuse and upcycle whenever possible! :)
- ÅRSTID lamp - $13.56
- Grey Drapes (purchased from Kijiji) - $5.00
- Sheer Drapery Panel (purchased from Home Outfitters) - $5.60
- Window Shade - $4.51
- Wall Art - DIY project. (I'll post this later).
- Drapery Rod - $3.39
Until next time.