Paper Dahlia Wall Art
I have been out of school for a couple weeks and have been trying to work as much as possible while still relaxing a bit, so I didn't get as much done project-wise as I would have liked. But...enough about me!
As you should already know, I never say no to anything that I can turn into a project for my apartment. So when my manager offered me the paper dahlias we used for one of the windows in the store...I immediately accepted! I had a blank wall in my apartment that I needed to fill...so I decided to paint them and create some new wall art!
I chose to start off by hand painting each flower with acrylic paint I purchased from Dollarama. This allowed me to paint some of the more difficult to reach areas. I finished each flower with Beauti-Tone Acrylic Gold Gloss Lacquer Paint and Rust-Oleum Painters Touch Flat Black Alkyd Paint.
It took me a while to figure out the arrangement...i'm a bit of a perfectionist. I attached each flower using a combination of mounting tape and thumb tacks. Check out the transformation: